Prepare Your Home for the Holidays – November Tip of the Month
The holidays are nearly upon us — the most wonderful time of the year! If you’re a homeowner and hosting a big crowd or overnight guests, this holiday season, you’ll want to get your home in tip top shape now. This month:
- To prevent any pipes from freezing this holiday season, drain your exterior hose bibs. Click here for a handy guide on how to properly tackle this task.
- Prepare the entryway to your home. Make sure walkways are clear of leaves and ice and the entry is well lit and swept clear.
- Get your fireplace and chimney in shape for their peak usage.
- Give your oven, microwave and cooktop a thorough cleaning. Replace range hood filters before staring your holiday cooking.
- Check that your oven is heating up to the right temperature. Click here for a guide on how to check.
- Inspect your refrigerator for broken seals, blocked vents, and bulbs that need to be replaced.
- Make your home slip- and fall-proof. Outside fix any loose treads on exterior steps, deck boards, or pavers. Inside, secure any loose carpeting or floorboards.
- Think about your holiday entertaining and any house guests you may have. Tackle some small projects around the house to make your home more welcoming, such as sprucing up your guest room.
The Bottom Line
Start NOW to prepare your home for the holidays. You’ll be able to enjoy your guests and the fun much more by preparing early.
If we can help you with these or any other home improvement projects, please reach out. We are always happy to help you with contractor recommendations or suggestions for getting the most bang for your home improvement buck.
For more helpful articles like this, be sure you’re getting our weekly blog roundup.