The Eastern Market neighborhood is an up-and-coming adjacent to the Capitol Hill neighborhood. The Eastern Market Metro stop, on the Orange and Blue lines, is located in the center of the neighborhood. Eastern Market is walkable to both Barracks Row and Capitol Hill, making it a highly desirable neighborhood for Hill workers. The Eastern Market itself is a community hub for the area and a destination for visitors from around the world.
Eastern Market Real Estate
Eastern Market is filled with a variety of homes, many dating back to the 1800’s. Home styles include, Victorian, Federal, and front porch rowhomes. The neighborhood also hosts a few low-rise apartment buildings.
Eastern Market Community
If you like shopping small businesses, Eastern Market is perfect for you. The neighborhood is home to the Eastern Market, a marketplace offering fresh food, community events, weekends, local farm-fresh produce, and handmade arts and crafts. The market is surrounded by pop-up boutiques featuring artists and other local vendors. Barracks Row is within walking distance, providing easy access to many other popular shops, restaurants, and bars.
Eastern Market Favorites
Start your day with a coffee from Peregrine Espresso. Breakfast is served all day at Ted’s Bulletin – be sure to try the homemade pop tarts! Check out Barrel DC whiskey lounge before heading out for the evening.
Discover more DC favorites in:
- Things to Do Indoors with Kids in the DC Area
- Best Museums for Kids in DC
- Summer Things to Do in Alexandria and DC
- Events and Things to do this Spring in the DC Area
- Winter Activities in DC And Beyond
- Moving to Washington, DC: What You Need to Know!
- The Best Bagels in the DC Area
- Bottomless Brunch in DC & Beyond
- Beer in the DC Area
- The Best Hikes Around DC
- Top 25 Things to Do with a Dog in Washington DC & Beyond
- The Best Outdoor Bars in DC
- The Best Coffee Shops in DC
- Music Venues in DC – And Beyond
Want to know what it’s like to live in Eastern Market? Let’s go on a neighborhood orientation tour!