Selling a luxury home? It is so important to use an experienced agent that understands the ins and outs of selling luxury homes, especially the pricing and marketing of such homes. Successfully selling a luxury home is quite different from selling a condo or starter home. Read on our top 10 “musts” for a Realtor selling a luxury home.
Find a Realtor who…
- Sells similar homes. Review their past sales and read any reviews that you can find.
- Understands luxury home pricing. Luxury homes tend to stay on the market longer than a lower-priced home. That said, priced right from the start, a luxury home does not have to sit, racking up the dreaded days on market! A competitively-priced luxury home will attract buyers from the start.
- Does their homework. To ensure the listing price is right, your Realtor should undertake an in-depth comparative market analysis, breaking down recent sales, touring other comparable luxury homes, and networking with agents who have recently sold similar homes. Your Realtor should also know how to price the amenities of your luxury home, whether that means a pool, media room, outdoor kitchen, or a wine cellar.
- Knows how to market lifestyle. A successful agent will know how to sell the luxury lifestyle and be able to market your pool, wine cellar, water views, walkability, and show their value.
- Has access to national, and international listings. Buyers of luxury homes often relocate from other states or countries. Be sure your chosen Realtor can tap into these markets and is also well connected with luxury agents across the country.
- Creates upscale marketing materials, including brochures, digital ads, professional videos, and a dedicated website for your home.
- Appreciates the importance of quality staging and photos. Staging doesn’t necessarily mean bringing in new furniture. In a luxury home, staging may mean changing how rooms work or setting up an alfresco meal on the back patio. An experienced luxury agent knows how to help potential buyers see themselves in the home.
- Knows that an open house likely won’t sell the home and that inviting the neighbors and curiosity-seekers into your home won’t sell it.
- Understands a luxury buyer (in addition to the seller). The Realtor who can best sell your luxury home has a good feel for what potential buyers are looking for…au pair suites, gourmet kitchens, room to entertain, home gyms, smart home technology, show-stopping closets, to name just a few.
Book a Sellers Appointment
The Bottom Line
Not just any real estate agent can sell your luxury home. An experienced Realtor is a must when selling a luxury home. To find the right Realtor, be sure to interview several agents that work in this market. Be sure your chosen Realtor has comparable sales, is well-connected in the local community, understands luxury home pricing, and offers high-quality staging and marketing.