Rose Hill History
The community of Rose Hill drew its name from a nearby 18th-century plantation established by Daniel French, builder of Pohick Church. This land was once part of George Mason’s Gunston Hall estate. During the Civil War, the house was the site of an invasion by John S. Mosby and his raiders. The Rose Hill community as it is known today was created in 1954.
Rose Hill Real Estate
The community of Rose Hill is convenient to the Capital Beltway, I-395, and Old Town Alexandria. Most Rose Hill homes are three – five bedrooms and sold between $440k and $850k in 2023.
Rose Hill Community
The John Marshall Library is the anchor of the neighborhood, along with the Rose Hill Shopping Center and Lee District Rec Center. Rose Hill has an active homeowners association.
Rose Hill Entertainment
Rose Hill residents can walk to nearby Lee District Rec Center to work out, swim, or play basketball. The Greendale Golf Course is a short drive away. The shopping, entertainment (movies and Rudy’s, formerly Top Golf), and dining of Kingstowne are a five-minute drive from Rose Hill.
Rose Hill Favorites
Discover more Alexandria favorites in:
- Fall Hiking in Alexandria and Where to go Apres Hiking
- Your Complete Guide to Living in Alexandria with Pets
- Is Alexandria Good for Commuters? Here’s What to Know!
- Alexandria Summer Guide
- Reasons to Move to Alexandria: A Perfect Blend of Work, Lifestyle, and Beauty
- The Beauty of Alexandria
- The Best Pizza in Alexandria and Beyond
- Best Happy Hours in Old Town Alexandria
- Complete List of Alexandria Playgrounds & Parks
- Biking and Trails in Alexandria
- The Best Sports Bars in Alexandria
- The Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in Alexandria
- Best Burgers in Alexandria and Beyond
- The Best Coffee Shops in Alexandria
- The Best Breakfast Spots in Alexandria
Want to know what it’s like to live in Rose Hill? Let’s go on a neighborhood orientation tour!