Plymouth Haven History
Located in the Fairfax County section of Alexandria, Plymouth Haven is part of George Washington’s original Mount Vernon estate. It is also adjacent to Fort Hunt Park, where batteries defended the Potomac River during the Spanish American War. Later, in the 1890s, the park became part of an improved system of coastal defenses built throughout the U.S.
Plymouth Haven Real Estate
While original Plymouth Haven homes were mostly built in the 1960s, many have been knocked down and replaced by new construction homes. Original homes sold in the high $700Ks in 2023, while newer construction homes sold between $1M – $1.7M.
Plymouth Haven Entertainment
Check out free summertime concerts at nearby Fort Hunt Park or take in a production by Aldersgate Community Theater.
Plymouth Haven Favorites
Walk to River Bend Bistro for dinner and a cocktail or to Roseina’s to grab gourmet takeout and a bottle of wine. Meet a friend for coffee at the Hollin Hall Pastry Shop then peruse the aisles of the 1950’s era Variety Store, where you can find everything from sewing materials to school supplies.
Discover more Alexandria favorites in:
- Fall Hiking in Alexandria and Where to go Apres Hiking
- Your Complete Guide to Living in Alexandria with Pets
- Is Alexandria Good for Commuters? Here’s What to Know!
- Alexandria Summer Guide
- Reasons to Move to Alexandria: A Perfect Blend of Work, Lifestyle, and Beauty
- The Beauty of Alexandria
- The Best Pizza in Alexandria and Beyond
- Best Happy Hours in Old Town Alexandria
- Complete List of Alexandria Playgrounds & Parks
- Biking and Trails in Alexandria
- The Best Sports Bars in Alexandria
- The Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in Alexandria
- Best Burgers in Alexandria and Beyond
- The Best Coffee Shops in Alexandria
- The Best Breakfast Spots in Alexandria
Want to know what it’s like to live in Plymouth Haven? Let’s go on a neighborhood orientation tour!