Marlan Forest Real Estate
Just two miles south of Old Town Alexandria, this hilly and leafy neighborhood is a commuter’s dream. With winter view of the Potomac River and spacious lots, Marlan Forest is a highly-desired neighborhood. Built in the 1950s, Marlan Forest’s 67 homes are mostly three- five-bedrooms. In 2023, homes generally sold in the low to mid $1M range.
Marlan Forest Community
Marlan Forest is home to an Independence Day parade and the very active Marlan Forest Garden Club, established in 1951.
Marlan Forest Entertainment
The Mount Vernon Rec Center (with an ice skating rink and swimming pool), as well as the Belle Haven Marina are a five-minute walk from the neighborhood. Golfers can enjoy the beautiful Belle Haven Country club also just five minutes away. The nearby Mount Vernon trail offers scenic walking and biking. Off the trail, residents can also explore Dyke Marsh, one of the largest remaining freshwater tidal wetlands in the DC area.
Marlan Forest Favorites
Discover more Alexandria favorites in:
- Fall Hiking in Alexandria and Where to go Apres Hiking
- Your Complete Guide to Living in Alexandria with Pets
- Is Alexandria Good for Commuters? Here’s What to Know!
- Alexandria Summer Guide
- Reasons to Move to Alexandria: A Perfect Blend of Work, Lifestyle, and Beauty
- The Beauty of Alexandria
- The Best Pizza in Alexandria and Beyond
- Best Happy Hours in Old Town Alexandria
- Complete List of Alexandria Playgrounds & Parks
- Biking and Trails in Alexandria
- The Best Sports Bars in Alexandria
- The Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in Alexandria
- Best Burgers in Alexandria and Beyond
- The Best Coffee Shops in Alexandria
- The Best Breakfast Spots in Alexandria
Want to know what it’s like to live in Marlan Forest? Let’s go on a neighborhood orientation tour!