Not to be confused with its Southern California cousin, Beverley Hills is a scenic Alexandria neighborhood with rolling hills, nestled in the northern part of Alexandria. Beverley Hills real estate is convenient to many area schools, including the lower-school campus of St. Stephen’s and St. Agnes, George Mason and Charles Barrett Elementary Schools, Alexandria Country Day, and Grace Episcopal. Three preschools are also within walking distance to the neighborhood.
Beverley Hills Real Estate
The approximately 600 homes in Beverley Hills are primarily 1930s and 1940s Colonials and Cape Cods. The hallmark of the community is its mature trees, mainly oaks and dogwoods, which are abundant in Beverley Hills thanks to its builder and early residents who recognized the importance of keeping its natural landscape. Few homes in their original footprint are available as most homes have been expanded or converted the small garages into living space.
Beverley Hills Entertainment
Families with children love “The Pit,” the neighborhood’s well-known playground. The neighborhood is so friendly that kids and neighbors leave their toys there for everyone to share! A local civic association hosts several community events such as a Santa visit, a Christmas tree sale, and National Night Out. Memorial Day weekend brings “Wheel Day” to Beverley Hills, a parade of bikes and skateboards that wind through the neighborhood.
Beverley Hills Favorites
Residents can stroll to nearby Shirlington for dinner, enjoy happy hour at the many restaurants, or see a show at Signature Theater. The shops and restaurants of Del Ray, the Fairlington Shopping Center, and the Bradlee Centre are also an easy walk. Old Town, the Pentagon and Crystal City are all just five minutes away by car. Commuters will love the ease of access to 395 as well as the Metro and bus services.
If you have any questions or would like more information on Beverley Hills real estate, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We would love to help!
- Discover more Alexandria favorites in:
- Fall Hiking in Alexandria and Where to go Apres Hiking
- Your Complete Guide to Living in Alexandria with Pets
- Is Alexandria Good for Commuters? Here’s What to Know!
- Alexandria Summer Guide
- Reasons to Move to Alexandria: A Perfect Blend of Work, Lifestyle, and Beauty
- The Beauty of Alexandria
- The Best Pizza in Alexandria and Beyond
- Best Happy Hours in Old Town Alexandria
- Complete List of Alexandria Playgrounds & Parks
- Biking and Trails in Alexandria
- The Best Sports Bars in Alexandria
- The Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in Alexandria
- Best Burgers in Alexandria and Beyond
- The Best Coffee Shops in Alexandria
- The Best Breakfast Spots in Alexandria
Want to know what it’s like to live in Beverley Hills? No problem! Let’s go on a neighborhood orientation tour.