September Tip of the Month:
Prepare Your Home for Hurricane Season
Prepare your home your home for hurricane season with these easy tips.
- Test your sump pump to make sure it’s ready for any significant storms.
- Make sure all garage floor or driveway drains are flowing properly.
- Add copper sulfate to basement floor drain and downspout drains to control tree roots in main sewer.
- Check your homeowners/flood insurance policy to make sure they are up to date and coverage is sufficient.
- Prune your trees – broken, dead and damaged limbs can be torn from trees and become dangerous projectiles.
- Inventory your outdoor items such as patio furniture, grills, etc.
- Secure any loose gutters or downspouts. Ensure they are all clear.
- Inspect your roof – nail or caulk any loose roof tiles or shingles (for more on maintaining your roof, click here).
Most importantly, keep yourself and your family safe. For more on how to prepare your family for a hurricane.
If you need any contractor recommendations to prepare your home for hurricane season, just let us know. We are always happy to help!
For more helpful tips like this one, be sure you’re getting our weekly blog roundup in your inbox every Monday morning.