We are truly blessed to live in a community where residents want to take care of one another. Over the course of the last few weeks, we’ve had many friends, clients and neighbors reach out asking, what can I do to help others in this time of need?
We too had been brainstorming about a way to help our local businesses as well as health-care providers during the Covid-19 pandemic. After learning about one initiative a Compass team of agents in Brooklyn is running with much success, we decided to kick off a similar campaign in our area.
Our mission is pretty simple; help local restaurants while thanking our front line health care workers in the community.
Here’s what we’ve done & how it will work.
- We’ve set up a go-fund me page where people can donate any amount of money they feel comfortable with towards the cost of meals for front line hospital workers at Inova Alexandria Hospital.
- Each week of the “stay at home” order, we will be delivering individually pre-packaged meals to Alexandria Hospital. The hospital is thrilled by this endeavour! Our goal is 100 individually pre-packaged meals that will be delivered on shift change so that two different shifts of health care workers and hospital employees will be fed.
- Each week, we will partner with a new local restaurant to deliver our goal of 100 meals.
Now, here’s how YOU can help!
- Donate any amount to the go-fund me page. Each meal will cost $15. So, for every $15 donated, that’s one health care worker that’s fed.
- Optimally, please also consider supporting the local restaurant we have partnered with that week with a pick up, delivery, or gift card purchase of your own. Let’s show our local business owners we are here for them too!
- Please share this with your friends, neighbors and family. We would love enough support to donate 100 meals per week! You can share this website, or share our social posts on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
This week, we’ve partnered with Mason Social in this special mission. Fundraising for this first round will begin today and end next Monday with the hospital workers fed Tuesday evening between shifts. We will send out an email weekly showcasing our partner restaurant for the week. Again, we truly hope you will also support the featured restaurant of the week!
We love that this mission provides us all with a chance to support the community in which we live, work, and play. It lends a helping hand to our local restaurants who are struggling in these challenging times while also feeding and thanking those on the front-lines of this pandemic.
If you’re interested in donating, you can do so here at our GoFund Me page.
We’ll also be posting regular updates on our page to update everyone on our progress. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out by email to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org, Allison at email@example.com or by phone at (703) 362-3221.