This Saturday, July 9, is the City of Alexandria’s 273rd birthday. Taking place down in Oronoco Bay Park, 100 Madison St, this historic celebration will start with a live performance by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra at 6 pm and will be followed by a grand finale of a firework display at 9:30 pm. Come out and enjoy local vendors, live music, cupcakes, and more down at the park.
Looking forward to the fireworks but want to experience them closer to your home? Here are a few vantage points where you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the light show:
- Waterfront Park (1A Prince Street.)
- Ford’s Landing boardwalk (99 Franklin Street.)
- Canal Center Plaza (Canal Center Plaza)
- Founders Park (351 North Union Street.)
- Rivergate Park (2 Montgomery Street).
- And more
To stay up to date on all things Alexandria, sign up for our weekly email newsletter using the form below.