April Tip of the Month – Prepare Your Home for Warmer Weather!
It’s April! Time to prepare your home for the warmer weather in the months ahead.
PREPARE YOUR HOME OUTSIDE
You’re (hopefully) going to be spending more time outside. Make sure your is yard ready!
- Rake your yard thoroughly before starting any work to remove any thatch and expose any dead spots.
- Trim trees, bushes, and shrubs. Wait until spring-flowering shrubs have finished blooming before trimming those.
- Do a soil test if it has been more than three years since you’ve done one. This test will tell you what, if any, nutrients your lawn needs (and how much).
- Aerate your yard if you did not do so in the fall.
- Clear out all of the flower beds around the house.
PREPARE YOUR HOME ON THE INSIDE
You should prepare the inside of the house for the warmer weather too.
- Schedule your air conditioning tune up to make sure it’s ready for summer.
- Check around the house for any leaky faucets, clogged drains, or sweaty pipes.
- Check your basement for dampness.
- Check your attic for any critters that may have taken up residence over the winter, as well as for any signs of mold.
If you need any recommendations for vendors who can help, please reach out. We are always happy to help you love where you live!
For more helpful home maintenance tips, sign up for our weekly blog roundup!