Alexandria Dog Parks
Alexandria loves its dogs — and dog parks! It offers countless dog-friendly amenities around town, including plentiful outdoor options. Looking for new Alexandria dog parks to try this spring? Look no further! We’ve rounded up the many Alexandria dog parks for your convenience and enjoyment.
FENCED ALEXANDRIA DOG PARKS
- Simpson Stadium Park, Monroe Avenue (with lighting)
- Duke Street, east of the Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Library
- Montgomery Park, at the corner of Fairfax and 1st Streets
- Dog Run Park at Carlyle, at 450 Andrew’s Lane.
- Ben Brenman Park, by Backlick Creek
UNFENCED ALEXANDRIA DOG PARKS
- Founders Park, Oronoco Street, and Union Street
- Windmill Hill Park, Gibbon, and Union Streets
- Southeast corner of Braddock Road and Commonwealth
- Hooff’s Run, east of Commonwealth between Oak and Chapman Streets
- Ft. Williams Parkway, at Dearborn Rd
- Tarleton Park, near the intersection of Vermont and Jenkins Avenues
- Chambliss Street, near Gary Avenue intersection
- W. Timberbranch Parkway and Parkway Terrace
- Chinquapin Park, 3210 King Street
- Monticello Park, 320 Beverly Drive
- Four Mile Run Park / Edison Street cul-de-sac
- Mount Jefferson Park / W&OD Railroad, at Raymond Avenue
- Grist Mill, at 4710 Mt. Vernon Memorial Highway
- Lenclair Park, at 6725 Lenclair Street
- Westgrove, at 6801 Fort Hunt Road
For a complete list of all Alexandria parks, click here.
Want to learn more about Alexandria’s many neighborhoods? Schedule one of our comprehensive neighborhood orientation tours today! Our passion is helping people love where they live!
Neighborhood Orientation Tour
Whether you're moving to the DC area or between neighborhoods within it, changing neighborhoods is hard work! We understand that making a real estate decision is more than just liking your new house - it’s about loving where you live. That’s why we provide our unique Neighborhood Orientation tours - to help match you with home and a community you’ll truly love.
For more articles like this one, sign up for our weekly blog roundup.