When is it Time to Downsize?
Have you been thinking about downsizing your home? You may not be saying “when is it time to downsize?” per se but you may find that you’re asking yourself these sorts of questions:
- Is it becoming harder to get around the house (doing lots of stairs, etc)?
- Would I be happier in a new space, neighborhood, or environment?
- Would I use my new freedom to start doing all of the things I’ve always wanted to do?
- Is my staying in my current home holding me back from entering the next stage of my life?
- Would I enjoy the freedom of not caring for a large house/yard?
- Will my kids and grandchildren care if the home they know and love is no longer ours?
- Am I ready to let go of all the “stuff?”
If so, you may want to start thinking about your next move.
Whether you’re seeking to downsize to a smaller space, for less maintenance, a lower mortgage payment, or for a different lifestyle, it’s never too soon to start planning.
We know even the mere thought of downsizing your home can be overwhelming. That’s why you need a trusted person to guide you through the process. Someone who has helped others downsize. A seasoned Realtor can help you explore the communities and homes that represent the lifestyle you’re seeking – whether it is a townhouse, condo, apartment, or even a senior living option. She will help you line up a team to help you with everything from decluttering to getting your home looking its best to lining up senior moving specialists.
We’ve helped countless clients make this transition and enjoy life more than they ever have before (read how we helped one recent client make this move and land her dream home).
So when is it time to downsize? Start today by downloading our free guide to downsizing you home. Just click here to get started.
Ready to start the conversation? Let’s meet for coffee to talk about your goals and dreams. Reach out today and let’s get started.
For more real estate insights, be sure you’re getting our weekly blog roundup.