9 W. Spring Street, Alexandria, VA 22301
under contract | $1,249,500
9 W. Spring Street
This tidy Rosemont clapboard is emblematic of the American Dream: white picket fence, shady Japanese maple tree, lush green lawn and square footage enough within to relax, entertain and organize the components of your busy life!
A welcoming front porch doubles as an outdoor lounge space, and with a charming chandelier overhead, you’ll enjoy this space in daytime and in the evening. The sunny foyer is your first glimpse of the hardwood floors, high ceilings, crown molding and clean white baseboards that are standard throughout the house – along with a series of neutral paint colors to match any décor style. Your formal living room pulls double-duty as a cozy library with built-in bookcases and a gas fireplace with marble surround. It leads directly to a quietly situated dining room with bright windows and an Old World ceiling medallion.
Dazzle with formal entertaining in your living and dining rooms, or beckon guests into your open kitchen and family room, both of which have French door access to your backyard. The kitchen offers seating at the handsomely constructed island or in the cozy bistro-style nook against the bay window. Top-brand stainless steel appliances from Wolf and Subzero equip your kitchen, and quartz marble countertops add contemporary polish. A clean, white aesthetic brightens an already sunny space along with gleaming subway tile and glass-framed cabinetry. Unique accents like a ceramic farmhouse sink and a pot-filler above the stovetop make this kitchen as much of a workspace as it is a showspace. Your family room is conveniently kitchen adjacent, so you won’t have to venture far for a coffee refill while you’re enjoying the cozy gas fireplace or the view of your backyard. Framed by classic pillars and sunken slightly, this room is complementary to the kitchen while being its own discrete space.
Double staircases – from the entry and family room – beckon you upstairs with their chic wood and wrought iron design. On your upper level, you’ll find the master suite, three additional rooms and a full bathroom. Within your master retreat, an updated spa-like bathroom is visually anchored with a claw-foot tub below a glimmering chandelier and bay window. The room is completed by a glass-enclosed shower with top-line rain showerhead and apothecary-like double vanity, light fixtures and beveled edge mirrors. Step directly from the bathroom into your custom closet, equipped with shelving, drawers and more to keep a four seasons’ wardrobe organized. Additional rooms suit your family, houseguests or even your needs for a home office, hobby space or small gym.
Your home on Spring Street offers the best of both worlds in suburban Washington: accessibility to Old Town and Del Ray shopping, dining and transportation, as well as a large backyard. Expertly landscaped and hardscaped, a stone patio boasts enough space for lounging in a chaise by a rustic stone fireplace and dining at a family-sized table. Steps leading to your green lawn distinguish this area as a separate space for play or gardening. You’ll keep your tools organized in a tidy shed if you outgrow your ample indoor storage space. You’ll love being a part of the historic Rosemont community and will want to make friends with neighbors quickly so you can host a cookout in your one-of-a-kind backyard!
What We Love
- Located in sought after neighborhood of Rosemont
- Charming Farmhouse style home built in 1918
- White picket fence surrounds the property
- Welcoming front porch with chandelier
- Foyer entrance with high ceilings
- Hardwood floors, crown molding, high ceilings and clean white baseboards are found through the home
- Neutral paint colors
- Formal living room with marble surround gas fireplace and built-in bookcases
- Separate dining room off living room with Old World ceiling medallion accent
- Open concept kitchen and family room area
- Stunning kitchen with handsome island with seating, bistro-style breakfast nook with bay window, top brand appliances (Wolf range with pot-filler feature and SubZero refrigerator), deep farmhouse sink, Quartz marble countertops, clean white aesthetic, gleaming subway tiles and glass-framed cabinetry
- Family room with cozy gas fireplace, framed by classic pillars with wonderful desk nook
- French doors from family room give full views of the backyard space
- Double staircases, from the entry and family room
- Upper level with 4 bedrooms
- Master retreat with spa-inspired bathroom offers claw foot tub below a glimmering chandelier and bay window, glass enclosed shower with rain shower head and apothecary-like double vanity with beveled mirrors
- Master bathroom also has 2 walk-in closets equipped with shelving and drawers
- Expertly designed outdoor space with 2 stone patios, a rustic stone wood burning fireplace and beautifully landscaped
- Quaint storage shed for your tools and other garden necessities
- Easy accessibility to Old Town, Del Ray and the entire Metropolitan area
Nestled in between Old Town and Del Ray is the charming neighborhood of Rosemont. Rosemont’s initial development was closely tied to the expansion of the electric rail system in the Washington, D.C. area. Today, its walkability to two metro stops (King Street Metro & Braddock Road Metro) and Amtrak makes Rosemont real estate highly-sought after and a very popular neighborhood. One of the most appealing features of Rosemont real estate is its welcoming suburban feel paired with a walkable urban lifestyle.
The tree-lined streets of Rosemont real estate offer homes with classic, early 20th-century architecture. Home styles include classic Colonials, Arts and Crafts bungalows, Colonial revivals, and Craftsman style homes, many with welcoming front porches. Mature trees and sidewalks add to the Rosemont real estate appeal.
Residents of Rosemont can also walk to Old Town Alexandria and its many shops, restaurants, fitness studios, art galleries, and entertainment venues. Enjoy a fine dinner at Brabo, Virtue Feed & Grain, Vermillion, or Bastille or a more casual meal of chilli at Hard Times Cafe or fish n’ chips at Eammon’s. For a change of scenery, Del Ray is also an easy walk from Rosemont. Locals can stroll along “The Avenue,” and enjoy coffee at St. Elmo’s, frozen custard at The Dairy Godmother, happy hour at Junction, or live music at Fireflies. For those wanting to stay in the neighborhood, they walk to Grape & Bean for a glass of wine from its extensive collection, a craft-brewed beer, a bite to eat or even to pick up organic milk, eggs, cheeses, and handmade bread.
Hooff’s Run Park (better known as Blue Park for its bright blue playground structure) anchors the neighborhood, serving as a meeting spot for the many children of Rosemont. Families love the many neighborhood events such as summertime outdoor movies, a back to school picnic, and the annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot that winds through streets of Rosemont. If you have any questions about Rosemont real estate, please don’t hesitate to reach out!