8A E. Alexandria Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22301
8A E. Alexandria Avenue | Del Ray – Alexandria
Presented by: The Goodhart Group
Located in the heart of Del Ray, 8A E. Alexandria Avenue is a 3 bed with 2.5 bath townhome offering extensive, trendy updates throughout. The bright chef’s kitchen is completely new and features stainless steel appliances, granite counters and crisp white Subway tile backsplash. The separate dining room overlooks the spacious living room with wood burning fireplace, built-in bookcases and soaring ceilings. The floors are finished with gleaming hardwood on the main and upper level and cork in the finished lower level rec room. Crown moldings are found throughout.
The large, airy master features large double windows perched atop a charming window seat. Filled with light, the master also includes an en-suite full bath with glass-enclosed walk-in shower. Sliding doors perfectly frame and conceal the walk-in closet, while built-in shelving and cabinets provide additional storage. Two additional bedrooms and an additional updated, full bath complete the top level.
A wall of glass doors in the living room opens to the outdoors. A charming new deck and large, flat fenced backyard are perfect for entertaining or enjoying a quiet evening home with family or friends. A shed provides ample storage space for tools, toys and lawn or gardening equipment.
Other updates include new windows, drainage system, ceiling fans, recessed lighting, all new light fixtures, updated fireplace mantle, built-ins and flooring. The electrical panel, appliances, furnace/HVAC and hot water heater are all 2-6 years old. This home is like new!
Walkable to Braddock Road Metro, King Street Metro, Amtrak and VRE, and minutes from D.C., Pentagon and Old Town via Route 1 or 395, commuting is a breeze! Local parks and the shops and restaurants on “The Avenue” in Del Ray are also a short stroll away. More information available about 8A E. Alexandria Avenue is available here.
What We Love
- Updated kitchen with new cabinets, stainless appliances, granite counters and crisp white Subway tile backsplash.
- Hardwood floors throughout
- New stair railings
- Updated master bath and hall bathroom.
- New windows throughout.
- Built-in bookshelves and a unique barn door in the Master suite with walk-in closet and private bath.
- Added built-ins, ceiling fans in all bedrooms, recessed TV above fireplace and stairs up to attic for storage space.
- Updated fireplace mantle and built ins.
- New deck, hot water heater and light fixtures throughout.
- Drainage system in yard.
- Shed in back yard and stroller/trash shed on side of house.
- Walk to "The Avenue" of Del Ray for endless shops, dining options, parks and community events.
- Near 2 metro stations, King St. and Braddock Rd., as well as VRE and Amtrak stations.
- Easy access to major interstates and public transportation.
- Large, flat fenced in backyard!
- Ample storage throughout.
Del Ray is a small town with a “Main Street” feel, thanks to Mount Vernon Avenue. This neighborhood has an eclectic, funky feel and is very health-conscious; there are plenty of pilates, yoga, and workout studios. It became a popular neighborhood in the eighties when the Del Ray Artisans started a studio and galleries became popular. Del Ray is full of locally owned businesses such as Nature’s Nibbles, an organic pet store that’s owned by one of our clients. We love Cheesetique, a cheese shop where you can sample some delicious fare or enjoy their great bar and restaurant. We highly recommend the mac and cheese options! You can head over to Taqueria Poblano if you’re looking for authentic Mexican cuisine, or visit the fantastic farmer’s market. Del Ray is very community oriented and holds many neighborhood events. There’s the First Thursday events along the Avenue, Art on the Avenue, a Halloween parade, and so much more. Most of the homes in this area are townhouses and detached bungalows, with some apartment building developments in the North end of town.