7202 Marine Drive, Alexandria, VA 22307
under contract | $1,395,000
7202 Marine Drive
Formal living is at its most elegant and comfortable in this spacious 2008 home on Marine Drive. You will have a sunny perspective stepping from the cheerful yellow exterior into a sun-drenched foyer with custom paneling and focal-point staircase. With Brazilian cherry and crown molding throughout the main level, there’s attention to fine detail from hardwood floor to ten foot ceiling.
As you tour this home you will walk from the foyer through glass doors into your home office or the formal living room with its commanding gas fireplace. Continue working your way through crisp white pillars that frame the dining room at one end and French doors at the other, which lead to an impeccably landscaped backyard (designed to serve the dual purposes of entertaining and playing). You’ll also find the main level outfitted with an authentic chef’s kitchen. A masterful 6-burner range with professional vent hood attracts both weeknight and gourmet cooks, and multiple ovens bear the burden of large-scale hosting duties. The kitchen has island seating for a casual breakfast, as well as room for informal dining by the bay window. A built-in desk area allows you to help with homework duties while you cook, and after dinner, the family can gather to watch a favorite TV show or to read by the wood-burning fireplace in the adjacent family room.
Upstairs, there’s room for guests in a generously sized bedroom with full bath, and children will enjoy a Jack and Jill bath adjoining bright bedrooms. The crown jewel of this house is undoubtedly the master suite with its luxurious marble bathroom and custom walk-in closet designed for a wardrobe of all seasons.
Attention to custom details continues downstairs. The bright and expansive walkout basement has a room for friends and family to stay and a full bath. There’s also plenty of space for a cozy cluster of plush chairs and a sofa by the gas fireplace, and yet more room for play and exercise. The laundry room and mudroom feature custom cabinetry to keep your family organized, and you’ll find additional storage in the two-car garage, basement closets, and utility room. Green construction features (including high efficiency windows) minimize monthly utility costs.
There are dozens of reasons to stay home when you’re living this well, but there are just as many to walk to your nearby community amenities (including a rec center, county park, pool and library), restaurants and shops. Old Town Alexandria, is a short drive or bike ride away, and you can also spend the afternoon exploring the nearby Mt. Vernon trail. Since you’ll want to share your new home with visiting family and friends, rest assured there’s plenty of parking space in your large driveway and on the streets of your new neighborhood.
2 Car Garage and Driveway
What We Love
- Custom home built by well known Wakefield Home's in 2008
- Numerous upgrade packages incorporated during the planning stages
- Elegant and formal rooms for entertaining still offer maximum comfort
- Gleaming Brazilian cherry hardwood floors throughout the main level
- Grand foyer entrance with classic crown molding and wainscoting accents. Crown molding can be found throughout much of the home.
- True gourmet kitchen with professional grade GE Monogram stainless steel appliances, a 6 burner range with hood, an island with seating for casual meals, a built in desk and table space framed by a bay window
- Family room is conveniently located off the kitchen offers a wood burning fireplace, windows with plantation shutters, recessed lighting and French door access to the backyard space
- Main level office off the family room
- Dining room features unique architectural columns that separate this space from the living room. It also has French door access to the backyard and is a refined space for all future formal occasions
- Living room with gas fireplace
- Upper level with 4 bedrooms and a charming "reading" nook at the top of the stairs
- Master is the homes crown jewel with a spectacular custom walk-in closet and a spa inspired ensuite bath with soaking tub, walk-in shower, and separate vanities all adorned with brilliant marble
- One of the bedrooms has an ensuite bath while the remaining two share a jack and jill
- Finished walkout lower level with plush carpeting and a open space to relaxing or exercise
- Fabulous lower level mud room with custom storage and bench
- Fenced backyard with two patios and is perfect for outdoor entertaining
- 2 car attached garage
- Green construction features high efficiency windows to minimize monthly costs
- Close to GW Parkway, Old Town, local schools, rec centers and libraries
- Short distance to a community pool