601 E. Alexandria Avenue
Del Ray character and convenience surround this three year old Pulte end unit townhome. The home features modern finishes and still shines like a new build! Entry level bedroom and full bath. Warm hardwood floors and high ceilings throughout. Upgraded kitchen with stainless appliances, granite counters and breakfast bar. Bright and open main living level with a bay window. Enjoy the roof top deck overlooking spectacular city views. The master bedroom offers an ensuite bath with double sinks, a glass walk-in shower and double closets. Close to Braddock Rd. metro making this property ideal for commuters. Two car garage. Easy access to Potomac Yards and Old Town for shopping, dining, movies and community activities.
2 car garage
What We Love
- Construction on this Pulte townhome was completed in 2015 and current owners added many upgrade packages
- Every appliance and system is less than 3 years old!
- Gleaming hardwood floors and recessed lighting throughout
- 9+ ceilings
- Brushed nickel fixtures
- Bright and open concept main level
- Wonderful kitchen with maple cabinets, stainless appliances, granite counters, a breakfast bar and access to the homes deck for easy all year round grilling
- Ample counter space in the kitchen for food prep and cabinets for storage
- Bay windows in both the great/family room and master bedroom
- Entry/garage level bedroom (the homes 3rd bedroom) and full bath
- Master bedroom offers an ensuite bath with double sinks a glass walk-in shower and walk-in closet
- Bedroom on the same level as master also has an ensuite bath for added privacy
- Top level is a great office or optional 4th bedroom
- Rooftop deck with wonderful city views
- Located close to Braddock Road Metro which is ideal for commuters
- Potomac Yards is near for all your shopping needs: Target, Best Buy, TJMaxx, Sports Authority, Shoppers Food Warehouse, Giant and more
- Old Town offers endless options for dining, shopping and community activities
Del Ray is a vibrant and active community within the City of Alexandria. It was once its own town in the late 1900s, designed around the major railroad line that ran north to south. Its growth was stimulated by the opening of The Potomac Yards railroad yards in 1906. At that time, Del Ray incorporated with the town of St Elmo to become the Town of Potomac with its own governance system.
Del Ray real estate grew to be a diverse community and began a renaissance in the 1980s when its Sears bungalows became a popular home style. Soon after, The Del Ray Artisans established a studio and the neighborhood began to be recognized for its funky and eclectic feel. During the 1980s an effort was made to revitalize its main thoroughfare, Mount Vernon Avenue (which had lost businesses during the 1970s), now often referred to “The Avenue” for short.
You will often find residents out enjoying life on “The Avenue”. Del Ray is known for annual Art on the Avenue festival, its Halloween parade, and First Thursdays along the avenue. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the local Saturday morning Farmer’s Market.
When we lived in the neighborhood during the 1980s, one of our local favorites was Los Amigos–where Kaizan Tavern is today. It wasn’t until the Evening Star Cafe moved in late 1997 that a “trendy” restaurant proved it could have an audience. In 1999, Taqueria el Poblano opened its doors. Since then, restaurants, fitness studios and boutiques have made the area vibrant and exciting.