The entrance to this fine Cullinane built home at 506 Summers Court is graced by a custom-designed brick driveway. The front portico allows entry via a custom designed front door with transom by Kolbe and Kolbe. The lush landscaping surrounding the home includes cherry trees and rosebushes and is accented by a pond and landscape lighting. An extensive irrigation system keeps everything green.
Upon entering, you will find yourself in a gracious hallway of a classic center hall colonial. The ten foot ceilings will give you a sense of timelessness. Turning to the left, you will see a dining room made for entertaining. It offers a wood-burning fireplace and a custom built-in cabinetry for storage. Above, you will notice custom lighting with multiple zones for mood lighting.
To the right of the foyer is the kitchen with family gathering space. It features stainless steel appliances, a large model Sub Zero refrigerator, Thermador double ovens and cooktop. The custom wood cabinets feature full extension drawers and matching crown molding. The granite is new in both the kitchen and breakfast room.
Moving through the center hall, you will find the family room that doubles as a sunroom. This space features fabulous Palladian windows, which overlook the four-season garden and rolling verdant landscape. There is a custom gas fireplace with limestone surround and hand carved mantel. The home’s four zone built-in music system is controlled from here.
The family room includes a delightful breakfast space with a built-in bench and a custom conservatory ceiling by Tanglewood Conservatories. Here you will find additional built-in cabinetry by Immersion Design. Beyond the breakfast room is a screened porch with limestone flooring and low maintenance AZEK materials. The porch is wired for cable TV and includes outside speakers. The porch was designed to be enclosed if so desired. A custom-designed gate by Sleightholm Arts allows the doors to be open to the family room, while maintaining security.
The main level of the home has crown molding throughout. There is an updated half bath with Kohler fixtures and a crystal chandelier.
Upstairs, you will find the crown molding continues. There are three spacious bedrooms including the master. The master suite has a fully updated bath with a luxurious dressing area. Its custom wood cabinetry has full extension drawers. There are built-in laundry and medicine cabinets for seamless storage. The shower, floors, and counters are all marble. The intricate shower floor was custom designed by Architectural Ceramics. A very special custom etched glass window allows for natural light and privacy.
The upstairs bedrooms are served by a hall bath that features granite flooring and counters, custom mirrors, and hand-painted ladybug tile as a backsplash. A hallway pull-down attic allows for additional storage.
The lower level is a fabulous getaway space with hardwood floors. As you descend the stairs, to your right is a large recreation/TV room offering a welcoming wood burning fireplace with granite surround. As you move through the lower level, you will find a fully renovated bath, a storage area with laundry, a legal fourth bedroom (with egress window) and a playroom or media room wired for cable and with speakers. Through this room is the custom wine cellar, built for 1,300 bottles with a WisperKOOL split ductless cooling system. A wood countertop allows for convenient for wine tasting.
What We Love
- All new Kolbe and Kolbe Ultra Series, extruded aluminum clad wood interior window with LoE coating and argon gas (maintenance free)
- Breakfast room addition, with built-in banquette and custom-designed glass ceiling skylight by Tanglewood Conservatories
- Dining room cabinetry: a wall of glass and tracery with coat closet and ample storage designed and manufactured on site by award winning Megan Troyer, owner of Immersion Design, (Megan was a Nominee for the Editor’s Choice Awards, 2011 at BDNY- Boutique Design New York)
- Sunroom and breakfast rooms cabinetry by Immersion Design
- Added 1,300 bottle wine cellar with WisperKool Platinum split ductless system and custom racking
- 6.6 kw Solar array, with Sanyo HIT Power 220A panels
- Addition of gas fireplace in sunroom with limestone surround and hand-carved mantel by Draper & Co.
- Screen porch addition with limestone floor, low maintenance Azor siding and trim, exterior speakers and wiring for TV (porch is on foundation with footers to potentially be enclosed, if desired)
- New kitchen layout designed for formal entertaining or casual cooking parties w plenty of counter space and floor area for easy movement, by Robyn Webb @ A Pinch of Thyme
- Low voltage mood lighting in dining room on multi dimming system
- Added HVAC to upper level w/ 18.5 seer heat pump for summer & winter
- Custom-etched master bathroom window to coordinate w/ shower floor designed by Classic Glass-Architectural Glass Art
- Mosaic master bath shower floor by Architectural Ceramics
- Built in all wood cabinetry in master bath dressing area
- Remodeled all bathrooms in marble, slate and granite
- Hardwood floors in lower level
- Granite fireplace surround in TV room
- Surround sound system in TV room (all speakers convey)
- Four zone built-in music system
- Added blown attic insulation
- Re-designed driveway plus new front stone patio on cement slab
- New portico and slate front porch
- New Kolbe and Kolbe all wood front door and custom-designed transom
- Hardscape and landscaping, with fountain and small pond
- Irrigation system
- Exterior lighting system
- Replaced sunroom roof and sub-roof ; increased insulation
- Exterior excavation down to foundation (two sides); added waterproofing and French drain
- Square Footage: Basement 1,421 SF / First: 1,818 SF / Second: 1,091 SF
Sandwiched between Old Town and Del Ray is the Rosemont neighborhood. Residents can walk to either area to take advantage of the shops, restaurants, and activities. It’s in walking distance to two metro stops, which is a big selling feature! Grape & Bean is the go-to spot for coffee or a glass (or three) of wine. It also has a wine and coffee boutique. Rosemont has mostly single family homes that were built in the ‘20s, ‘30s, and ‘40s. There are also some townhouses and some homes that are a little bit larger than Del Ray. Rosemont has classic brick colonials as well as some larger foursquare clapboard houses. This area is home to one of the two public middle schools in Alexandria where Mama Cass Elliot, Jim Morrison, Dermot Mulroney and Nashville star Charles Esten went to school.