4202 Maple Tree Court
Your refuge from bustling Washington, DC is this stately brick 3-story home nestled in the lush landscape of showy hydrangeas, manicured boxwoods and shady trees on Maple Tree Court. From the elegant slate walkway, enter the grand foyer with marble flooring and custom moldings to admire a winding staircase. On the first floor, everything you’ll need to entertain or enjoy a cozy night in is at your fingertips. For guests, you have an elegant dining room conveniently adjacent to a butler’s pantry with wet bar. The formal living room has a marble-framed, wood-burning fireplace and sunny French doors that open directly onto your brick patio. And for your nights in, gather in the family room or share dinner in the eat-in kitchen – or even at the large soapstone-topped island that doubles as prep and dining space. Amateur and professional chefs alike will love executing their favorite dishes with expansive countertop space and a professional-grade range.
With five bedrooms, this home offers plenty of space. The master bedroom with en suite bath is a retreat in itself with its large soaking tub and marble accents. Organize your clothes and accessories in a thoughtfully constructed walk-in closet that displays your finest pieces and cleverly makes space for four seasons’ worth of wardrobes. With four linen closets on the top floor and each bedroom with its own closet, you will never run out of space!
A 1,300-square foot basement is your solution for overflow storage – and for any recreational equipment, a utility sink and cubbies in the adjacent mudroom keep life moving tidily between the two-car garage, double-wide driveway and any messes from sports practice. Around a warm brick fireplace is the perfect place to position overstuffed couches, and a full bathroom and bedroom serve as long-term private quarters for guests or an au pair.
Shopping and dining are within a few minutes’ drive at Bradlee Shopping Center, as well as in nearby Del Ray and Old Town. Your commute to DC is a quick 12 minutes, and on the weekends, spend afternoons playing at Ft. Ward Historic Park just a few blocks away.
2 car over-sized garage
What We Love
- Gorgeous double-height white marble foyer with sweeping staircase and wall paneling
- Spacious open kitchen to huge family room with gas fireplace and double exposure floor to ceiling windows and French doors
- Beautiful formal living room with marble wood burning fire place and French doors leading to outside patio, perfect for entertaining
- Large flat backyard and large double-level brick patio and slate walkway great for outdoor living and parties
- Very large home, it would be hard to outgrow this house. 4-5 bedrooms upstairs and separate room in basement with full bath perfect for guests or au pair
- New French doors by Andersen Windows - 2018
- Fenced entire property with privacy fence - 2015
- Landscaped front and back of property with trees, boxwood bushes, roses, hydrangea, climbing hydrangea, evergreens
- New Washer and dryer - 2015
- Repainted interior home - 2016
- Installed custom dog door through mudroom wall and ramp
- Installed curtains in all room - 2016
- ADT full alarm system on windows and doors with remote thermostat control- 2015
- Bradlee shopping center: 1.5 miles away, walkable. Starbucks, Fresh Market, Toy store, Rite Aid, Michaels, paint store, Safeway, Medstar Urgent Care, Atlantis Diner, Zoe’s kitchen, Alexandria Pastry Café, Post Office, various other little shops.
- Fort Ward Historic Park and playground two blocks away
- Inova Alexandria Hospital two blocks away
- Chinquapin Rec Center and playground
- St. Stephens middle school (2 blocks) and upper school (4 blocks)
- Valley Drive Preschool, Fairlington Preschool, Potomac Crescent Waldorf Preschool
- Bus stop right on the corner, another ½ block away on Seminary Road
- 6 minutes to Del Ray neighborhood and shops
- 8 minutes to Old Town
- 12 minutes to DC