3970 Fort Worth Avenue
One of a kind Colonial nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Seminary Ridge. This residence is a truly elegant home with stunning features throughout. A welcoming foyer entrance is showcased by its crisp white marble floors. Stepping into the grand living room, you’ll be able to enjoy comfortable space for entertaining and a wood burning fireplace. The stylish dining room features large windows and is conveniently adjacent to the kitchen. Purposefully designed for maximum use, the kitchen offers ample storage and granite countertops/prep space, stainless appliances, a double oven, skylight and unique tile floor. Just off the kitchen is the homes family room with a brick surround wood burning fireplace and a half bath.
An addition built off the back of the home features a gorgeous sunroom, quaint breakfast room and large deck with charming gazebo. The sunroom offers ethereal Palladian windows and is the ideal room to extend any soiree. The breakfast room is perfect for a quick meal or intimate dinner setting. And the deck overlooks a serene green outdoor space with mature trees and flat yard.
Upper level of the home has 4 graciously sized bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The master suite has a walk-in closet and ensuite bath. Moving to the walkout lower level, which is fully finished, you’ll love the au-pair/in-law suite with full bath, large rec room and gym option. Perks also include a 2 car garage, close to local schools and exceptionally located to major interstate access for commuters.
2 car garage
What We Love
- Beautiful Colonial in sought after Seminary Ridge
- Largest model in neighborhood, the Hampton Deluxe
- Lovely foyer entrance with marble floors
- Crisp crown molding and trim
- Hardwood floors found throughout main living spaces and on upper level
- Formal living room with wood burning fireplace
- Dining room off the kitchen for added convenience
- Gorgeous, recently renovated kitchen with stainless appliances, granite counter tops and lots of additional storage
- Unbelievable addition to include a breakfast room, fantastic sun room and deck
- Sunroom is spectacular; skylights, palladian windows, wood floors, recessed lighting
- Family room with wood burning fireplace is located off the kitchen
- Main level half bath
- Grand master bedroom with en-suite white marble bathroom and walk-in shower as well as a spacious walk-in closet
- 4 additional upper level bedrooms all graciously sized
- Spectacular updated hallway bath also accented by white marble
- Finished, walk-out, lower level is bright and a wonderful space to lounge in the large rec room
- Lower level space for a home gym
- Au-pair/in-law suite with private bath
- Deck is a showstopper and ideal for entertaining and enjoying nature
- Deck looks out onto trees which makes you feel like you are up in a tree house
- Freshly painted interior
- 2 car garage
- Close to local schools, major interstate access and more!
Seminary Ridge is a quiet, residential neighborhood with a friendly community vibe. It is also Sue and Marty’s current neighborhood! They, along with other Seminary Ridge residents, enjoy its wide sidewalks and peaceful, tree lined streets. This neighborhood is highly walkable, with amenities such as the Alexandria Commons and the Bradlee Shopping Center within walking distance of most homes. Seminary Ridge is conveniently and centrally located between Alexandria’s four high schools.
Seminary Ridge is one of the only neighborhoods in Alexandria that offers homes with two car garages on quarter acre lots. This suburban oasis offers manicured lawns that showcase its classic brick homes, primarily Colonials. Seminary Ridge real estate are generously sized by Alexandria standards, in the 3,800-5,000 square foot range, with livable basements. Best of all, Seminary Ridge real estate features 10 cul-de-sacs, a family-friendly and community-building design feature that is no longer offered in new construction.
Nearby dining options include Clyde’s at Mark Center, locally owned, Tempo Restaurant, Rockland’s Barbeque, Panera Bread, Ramparts Tavern & Grill, Cafe Pizzaiola, Great Harvest Bread, Atlantis Pizzeria and of course, multiple Starbucks. Or visit Unwined, a locally owned wine shop, for that special bottle of wine on your way home from work. Within two miles in any direction, there is a Harris Teeter, Safeway, and Whole Foods.
Seminary Ridge is known for its welcoming neighbors; residents of Seminary Ridge are very civic-minded and there is an active Seminary Ridge Civic Association. The community holds plenty of local events throughout the year such as the Halloween Parade, Summer Picnic, Holiday Party, and Wine Club. Even just walking or driving down the street, you will see groups of neighbors gathered around chatting as they walk their dogs or play with their kids. It is also a member of Seminary Hill Association, which promotes the general welfare of local residents. When new neighbors move in, a welcoming committee greets them with the Seminary Ridge community directory and a calendar of events.