3924 Colonel Ellis Avenue
Filled with rich light and built on one of the most sought after streets in Seminary Ridge, 3924 Colonel Ellis Avenue will easily win over your heart to become your next home! Rare to Alexandria City is a lot like this-large, flat and ideal for any outdoor activity! The home’s versatile layout will allow your imagination to roam free. Main level offers easy flow. Kitchen with ample storage and a bright bay window. All bedrooms are spacious and found on the upper level and the master bedroom offers an ensuite bath and two closets. Finished lower level features a wood burning fireplace, custom built in shelves and French door walkout to patio. Two car garage. Close to Old Town, interstate, local schools and more!
2 car garage and driveway
What We Love
- Classic split level built on one of the most sought after streets in the community of Seminary Ridge
- Welcoming front porch and professional landscaping
- Unbelievable large flat yard for endless outdoor activities and gatherings
- Foyer entrance with slate floors
- Hardwood floors found throughout
- Freshly painted interior with crisp neutral color makes all rooms extremely bright and feel open
- Dining room off the kitchen with classic chair rail accent and French door access to backyard
- Fantastic eat-in kitchen with beautiful bay window, ample storage and pantry space
- Formal living room for comfortable entertaining
- Four bedrooms found on upper level with two full bathrooms
- Owner's retreat with en-suite bath and double closets
- Finished walk-out lower level featuring a wood burning fireplace with brick surround, custom built-in bookshelves and French doors leading to patio
- Two car garage and driveway
- Located near local schools, easy access to interstate, close to Old Town, Shirlington, Bradlee Shopping Center, Alexandria Commons and more!
Seminary Ridge is a quiet, residential neighborhood with a friendly community vibe. It is also Sue and Marty’s current neighborhood! They, along with other Seminary Ridge residents, enjoy its wide sidewalks and peaceful, tree lined streets. This neighborhood is highly walkable, with amenities such as the Alexandria Commons and the Bradlee Shopping Center within walking distance of most homes. Seminary Ridge is conveniently and centrally located between Alexandria’s four high schools.
Seminary Ridge is one of the only neighborhoods in Alexandria that offers homes with two car garages on quarter acre lots. This suburban oasis offers manicured lawns that showcase its classic brick homes, primarily Colonials. Seminary Ridge real estate are generously sized by Alexandria standards, in the 3,800-5,000 square foot range, with livable basements. Best of all, Seminary Ridge real estate features 10 cul-de-sacs, a family-friendly and community-building design feature that is no longer offered in new construction.
Nearby dining options include Clyde’s at Mark Center, locally owned, Tempo Restaurant, Rockland’s Barbeque, Panera Bread, Ramparts Tavern & Grill, Cafe Pizzaiola, Great Harvest Bread, Atlantis Pizzeria and of course, multiple Starbucks. Or visit Unwined, a locally owned wine shop, for that special bottle of wine on your way home from work. Within two miles in any direction, there is a Harris Teeter, Safeway, and Whole Foods.
Seminary Ridge is known for its welcoming neighbors; residents of Seminary Ridge are very civic-minded and there is an active Seminary Ridge Civic Association. The community holds plenty of local events throughout the year such as the Halloween Parade, Summer Picnic, Holiday Party, and Wine Club. Even just walking or driving down the street, you will see groups of neighbors gathered around chatting as they walk their dogs or play with their kids. It is also a member of Seminary Hill Association, which promotes the general welfare of local residents. When new neighbors move in, a welcoming committee greets them with the Seminary Ridge community directory and a calendar of events.