Found! An almost new, six year old, upgraded classic home in a lovely community minutes to Old Town and Metro. Want more? It has a two car garage, backs to treed park land, is located on a private cul-de-sac and has space–five bedrooms and 4.5 baths! Walk into a two level foyer which opens to a living room, dining room area. As you move to the rear of the house you will find a spacious kitchen /family room combination for today’s living.
Upgraded stainless steel appliances, 42 inch cabinetry, granite counters, breakfast nook and tile backsplash make this kitchen a chef’s dream. From the kitchen the focus is on the family room’s cobblestone surround gas fireplace with custom built bookcases. French doors provide access to the outdoor space which is framed with trees.
The second level features four bedrooms and three baths. The master bedroom offers an en-suite bath, architecturally appealing tray ceilings and a spacious walk-in closet. A Jacuzzi soaking tub, separate oversized shower and upgraded counters and tile make the master bath especially pleasing. The third level loft area serves as 5th bedroom, bonus room or office.
And wow, the lower level is perfect for entertaining with a fabulous rec room with a full out bar–upgraded cabinets and counter, beverage center, icemaker and wine closet. Be prepared to enjoy sitting by the gas fireplace with a glass of wine or see your favorite movies and shows in the media room which is equipped with plush lounge chairs. And yes, they convey!
Quality is exuded throughout the home with 10 foot ceilings on the main level, and 9 foot on the bedroom and lower levels. Throughout the home are hardwood floors, deep crown molding, neutral paint, recessed lighting and plantations shutters. Nothing to do but move in and meet the friendly neighbors!
2 Car Garage and Driveway
What We Love
- Grand 2 story foyer entrance.
- Neutral, green certified, paint colors throughout offers buyers a clean canvas.
- Gleaming hardwood floors and plantation shutters throughout.
- Classic deep crown moldings, wainscoting and chair rail complete most rooms on the main level.
- Dining room with bright bay window.
- Gourmet kitchen with top of the line stainless appliances (GE Cafe and Monogram), granite counter-tops, an island with breakfast bar and open layout to the homes comfortable family room.
- Family room is accented by a cobblestone gas fireplace and built-in bookshelves.
- French door access to the wonderful outdoor space that features a brick patio for entertaining in the warmer months.
- First upper level with four spacious bedrooms and 3 full baths.
- Master bedroom with tray ceilings and walk-in closet.
- Master bathroom is a mini spa with Jacuzzi soaking tub, walk-in shower and separate sinks.
- 2nd upper level is the homes 5th bedroom or could be a great office space!
- Lower level has a wet bar with bar seating, a media/theater room and a large recreation room.
- Outside you will enjoy the brick patio and overlooking the parkland.
- 2 car garage with 2 remotes with keyless entry.
- Well maintained landscaping!
- 75+ gallon hot water heater.
- All bathroom fixtures are brushed nickle and manufactured by Moen.
- Low-Maintenance, brick and HardiePlank traditional exterior.
Cooper's Grove is centrally located in Alexandria Va. It is just over two miles outside of Old Town and the King St and Eisenhower Avenue Metro stations, minutes from 495 and Alexandria Hospital, and a short distance to all four of the high schools in the City. It is located on a quiet cul-de-sac off of Duke Street where new homes are being built and older ones are being expanded. The neighborhood celebrates holidays such as Halloween with a Trick or Treat Event, Memorial Day with a picnic, and Superbowl with a Party along with other informal potluck gatherings. It is common to find the cul-de-sac full of kids and adults in the summer waiting for the local ice-cream truck to arrive. Residents enjoy nature hikes along the trail of Fort Williams Park that runs behind the community. Restaurants such as Panera Bread, Rocklands, Port City Brewery and Z Pizza just to name a few are a 10 minute walk as is the Giant. Whole Foods is 5 minutes by car going east and Harris Teeter is 5 minutes away going west.
The Grove is located next to the wooded preserve of Fort Williams Park and Strawberry Run, a historical site, which was a campground for native American Indians and later Civil War soldiers. The community takes its namesake from General Samuel Cooper who owned the former Cameron plantation on which it borders.
The homes in Cooper's Grove are environmentally friendly and are built by a Certified Energy Star builder. All homes are equipped with Energy Star appliances, energy-efficient gas fireplace and green-certified carpeting and paint.