205 Wolfe Street
Bigger than it looks! This historic and updated 1800’s townhouse is located in the heart of Old Town’s desirable Southeast Quadrant. Just one block to the Potomac River and Lee Street Park and three blocks to a plethora of shops and restaurants on King Street and throughout this quaint neighborhood, the location is tough to beat.
Thoughtfully renovated, this home features fresh designer paint and light fixtures, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, plantation shutters and gorgeous moldings throughout, making this home sparkle. Smart updates such as Elfa closet systems and Nest thermostat and smoke detectors further modernized this historic gem.
The main level living room and dining rooms each feature working wood-burning fireplaces and the living room also has built-in bookshelves for storage or display. You’ll love the white kitchen with marble backsplash and countertops and stainless steel appliances. It opens to a spacious family room overlooking the charming flagstone patio. The home’s new owners will love spending time on the patio grilling, sipping wine and enjoying the brick and ivy fencing and the shaded views of the steeple of St. Mary’s Cathedral. Last but not least, the main level has a half bath, a coat closet, as well as an oversized pantry with Elfa shelving and full sized washer and dryer.
Upstairs, a long hallway provides privacy for each of the three bedrooms. At the top of the stairs, walk through the adorable pocket door showing exposed brick as you enter the large master bedroom with huge walk-in closet. The closet features a fully customizable Elfa system, as well as a built-in shoe rack and laundry area. From the closet, you can also access one of the home’s two attics with its easily retractable steel staircase that leads to floored storage space with hanging racks for off-season clothes storage.
The renovated full bath in the hallway features heated floors, plenty of counter space and a shower and tub with a swinging European glass door (perfect for adults or for bath time for kids). The sweet middle bedroom or office area with custom moldings is accessed through double doors with crystal knobs. At the end of the hall, you will find the access to the second attic, as well as the home’s third bedroom with Elfa closet and en-suite bathroom that has beautiful views of the patio and flowering trees. More storage can be found by going through the brick archway at the front of the home to the home’s dry storage cellar with great headspace – plus a wine fridge!
What We Love
- This historic townhouse is bigger than it looks!
- Built in 1820
- Located in desirable Southeast Quadrant of Old Town
- One block from the Potomac River and Lee Street Park
- 3 blocks from bustling King Street with a plethora of shopping, dining and community activity options
- Fresh designer paint and light fixtures througout
- Hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting and plantation shutters
- Smart technology - Nest thermostats and smoke detectors
- Elfa customizable closet systems in all closets
- Living room entrance with wood burning fireplace and built-in shelving and storage
- Dining room is elegant with homes 2nd wood burning fireplace
- Stunning white kitchen with marble backsplash and countertops and stainless steel appliances
- Oversized pantry with Elfa shelving and a full sized washer and dryer
- Family room off kitchen with charming walkout to flagstone patio
- Half bath on main level
- Upper level with three bedrooms
- Master bedroom with unique pocket door entry surrounded by exposed brick accent wall
- Master features a large walk-in closet, rare in Old Town, with customizable Elfa shelving, shoe rack and and laundry area
- 2nd bedroom on upper level with ensuite bath
- 3rd bedroom on upper level is sweet and could be used as a bedroom or office space
- Hallway bath offers heated floors, plenty of counter space and shower and tub with a swinging European glass door
- 2 attics and more storage in the dry cellar with great headspace and even a wine fridge!
Stroll along cobblestone streets, spend time exploring historic landmarks, and shop at hundreds of local shops and eateries, all in idyllic Old Town Alexandria. Everything from the neighborly residents to the charming Old Town real estate will have you wanting to call this community home.
Old Town has over 100 locally owned shops, most of them a part of the local Boutique District. In these shops, you can really get to know the shop-owners and support the local community. Relaxing restaurants, independent coffee shops, and wine bars provide the perfect backdrop for a night out, with plentiful art galleries, theatres, and parks around to explore. You can jump on a boat to get to Nationals Park for a baseball game, or to Georgetown or National Harbor for even more shopping or dining.
With a quaint small town atmosphere and the flair of city living, this waterfront town is the perfect place for residents of all ages and lifestyles. Just minutes from downtown Washington DC, close to a major airport, and central transportation running throughout the area, it’s easy to enjoy everything Old Town has to offer. It’s very walkable, so we recommend strolling along the cobblestone streets to get a true feel for the neighborhood.
Want a peek into what life is like in this neighborhood? Here are our top 10 reasons to love where you live in Old Town.