True country feel in the City! Natural beauty surrounds this home on a double lot totaling 11,018 square feet. A foyer entrance immediately showcases the home’s classic elegance found throughout. Built-in bookcases and china cabinets, crisp chair railing and crown molding, gleaming hardwoods, two wood burning fireplaces, high cathedral ceilings and fresh paint complete most of the rooms. Entertaining is easy with the gracious formal living and dining rooms. The renovated kitchen boasts granite counters, stainless steel appliances including a Viking oven and range, recessed lighting. French doors lead to the home’s spacious family room addition. This room is highlighted by tray ceilings, a cozy fireplace and breakfast nook. The upper level offers a Master retreat, featuring a walk-in closet with custom shelving, renovated bath and private balcony. There are three other bedrooms on this level, as well as two other full updated bathrooms. Ample storage is found in the full attic, two linen and coat closets. The unfinished basement awaits vision. Wonderfully located home near area schools and parks!
What We Love
- Privacy! There is a true country feel even though you are in the city.
- Views! From every window there is natural beauty due to the established landscaping and in the fall and winter you can see the top of the Masonic Temple and the Ferris Wheel at National Harbor. The sunrises from the front of the house and sunsets from the back deck are beautiful.
- The double lot allows for ample street parking.
- There is quality and detail in both the original house and the addition.
- Ample storage with a full attic over original house and addition, 2 walk in closets, 2 linen closets, 2 coat closets (one cedar lined), custom shelving in clothes closets, full basement under original house, partial crawl space under additions.
- The secrets out- Saint Stephens Saint Agnes School playground is open to the neighborhood during non school hours and on weekends and BOTH playgrounds on the lower school campus have been completely renovated. They are amazing and only a short walk down the street!
- Renovated the kitchen as well as added a large family room addition, 2.5 baths, master bedroom and roof dormers in 2004.
- Replaced original windows in 2008.
- New gas boiler and water heater in 2014.
- Interior painted in 2015.
Braddock Heights is home to Lloyds Lane and Orchard Lane, two of Alexandria's most prestigious streets. This area has a quiet, country feel while being conveniently close to Del Ray, Old Town, DC, the Pentagon. Tree lined streets with homes built in the 1930's and 1940's, one of architecture's greatest eras, complete this beautiful neighborhood.