Make comfortable living look elegant in this stately 2-story red brick home situated quietly in one of Alexandria’s top communities. Classic details like hardwood floors, plantation shutters, crown molding and a wood-burning fireplace are all here — along with livable features that truly make this house your home. From ample closet space to attic storage, and built-in bookcases, cabinets and shelving, there’s room to live with style and organization. Natural light illuminates the first floor’s formal living room, dining area and home office. On the second floor, a generously sized master bedroom is within arms’ and ears’ reach of two additional bedrooms. These rooms share an updated hallway bath gleaming with white tile and marble.
Your options for entertaining are endless: serving drinks and dinner downstairs, grilling on the back deck, or gathering the crowd in the recently refinished basement for movie night or game day. Plush carpet, recessed lighting and surround sound will make this room the hot spot of the house! With space enough for a play area or an extra bed to accommodate weekend guests, the basement also has a full bath with glass-enclosed shower.
There’s as much to enjoy outside the home as inside. The classically landscaped front yard is complemented by a fenced-in backyard with new sod and routinely maintained deck. Two sheds offer extra storage for tools, bikes, sporting equipment and more! There’s room for parking in the driveway and on the street, and what’s more — you can access I-395 in less than a minute and commute to Capitol Hill in only 20 minutes. Two of NoVa’s leading elementary schools are nearby, and you’ll find 10 playgrounds within a 10-minute drive! Walk just 5 minutes to trustworthy local businesses, or make dining and shopping a destination in equidistant Del Ray, Old Town and Shirlington neighborhoods.
What We Love
- Location, Location, Location! Near major interstate access, Old Town, DC and more.
- Easy access to public transit (DASH, Metro, Shirlington Bus)
- Walk to Shirlington for great restaurants, nightlife, dog parks, movie theater and shops
- Classic 1940's style arched doorways throughout main level
- Hardwood floors on main and upper levels
- Neutral paint colors throughout
- Living room with crown molding and a wood burning fireplace with brick surround and charming original mantel
- Plantation shutters on every window
- Separate dining room off the kitchen for easy entertaining
- Updated kitchen with stainless appliances (Bosch, GE Profile), granite counters and recessed lighting
- Walk-out access from kitchen to homes tiered deck is great for hosting parties in the warmer months or grilling all year round if you are brave!
- Half bath on main level
- Sunroom off the living room is a great home office with lots of natural light, built-in bookshelves and cabinets
- Gracious sized bedrooms on the upper level share an update bathroom
- Finished lower level with comfortable carpeting, a large rec room, built-in shelves and beautifully renovated full bath. Doubles as a great space for guests to stay!
- Basement with surround sound
- Outside access from the lower level
- Fenced backyard with deck and 2 large sheds for storage
- Off street parking
- Newer washer and dryer
- Lots of storage available; 2 sheds outback, 2 storage closets in the basement and in office/sunroom, attic and crawl space
- Attic is 400 square feet of storage space!