1424 Main Line Boulevard #102
No expense spared when building this corner unit TH. All the desires of todays buyers were in mind. Dramatic windows fill rooms w/natural light. Cozy double sided FP thru KIT/FR & DR. Gleaming warm HWF. Open Chef’s KIT w/granite counters+SS apps adjoins FR. Grand MBR w/oversized WIC+BA. Ample closet/storage t/out. Close to Metro+DC. Access to bike paths+Del Ray. 1 car garage. ALL SYSTEMS 5 YO.
1 car garage
What We Love
- Built in 2013 by reputable Pulte Homes
- All systems are 5 years old
- Numerous upgrade packages were installed when home was built
- Dramatic windows frame most of the main level rooms and fill them with natural light
- Open and spacious kitchen overlooks the family room
- Kitchen is a true Che'd kitchen with all stainless appliances, granite counter tops, and plenty of space for storage and meal prep
- Breakfast bar well suited for casual dining
- Recessed lighting throughout
- Double sided fireplace place between the family room/kitchen and dining room extra cozy
- Grand master bedroom features and oversized walk-in closet and ensuite bath with soaking tub, glass door walk-in shower and double sinks
- All bedrooms are graciously sized and offer plush carpeting for extra comfort
- Hardwood floors on main living levels with unique color variations
- Landry conveniently located on the main bedroom level
- Great balcony to relax and enjoy a good book or calming cup of tea
- One car attached garage
- Easy access to Braddock Road metro and all that popular Del Ray offers
Del Ray is a vibrant and active community within the City of Alexandria. It was once its own town in the late 1900s, designed around the major railroad line that ran north to south. Its growth was stimulated by the opening of The Potomac Yards railroad yards in 1906. At that time, Del Ray incorporated with the town of St Elmo to become the Town of Potomac with its own governance system.
Del Ray real estate grew to be a diverse community and began a renaissance in the 1980s when its Sears bungalows became a popular home style. Soon after, The Del Ray Artisans established a studio and the neighborhood began to be recognized for its funky and eclectic feel. During the 1980s an effort was made to revitalize its main thoroughfare, Mount Vernon Avenue (which had lost businesses during the 1970s), now often referred to “The Avenue” for short.
You will often find residents out enjoying life on “The Avenue”. Del Ray is known for annual Art on the Avenue festival, its Halloween parade, and First Thursdays along the avenue. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the local Saturday morning Farmer’s Market.
When we lived in the neighborhood during the 1980s, one of our local favorites was Los Amigos–where Kaizan Tavern is today. It wasn’t until the Evening Star Cafe moved in late 1997 that a “trendy” restaurant proved it could have an audience. In 1999, Taqueria el Poblano opened its doors. Since then, restaurants, fitness studios and boutiques have made the area vibrant and exciting.