12 E. Alexandria Avenue
Welcome to 12 E. Alexandria Avenue! This gorgeous home seamlessly fuses European elegance, country charm and urban convenience. Situated on a double lot, enjoy entering a private courtyard surrounded by lush landscaping and serene greenery. Soaring cathedral ceilings in the main living spaces transition to comfortable bedrooms that are just as bright! The master suite is a stunning retreat with spa bath, a wood burning fireplace and mini porch; a great place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee of tea. Fully fenced yard offers a patio and deck, all accessible from sleek Pela French doors. The location can’t be beat, being walkable to everything Del Ray, Old Town and Rosemont offers, as well as Braddock Rd metro!
1 car garage
What We Love
- New Roof in 2009
- Master Bath renovated in 2014
- Cathedral and 9’+ ceilings
- Recessed lighting
- Living room with wood burning fireplace
- Mexican tile in living room, den and kitchen
- Chair rail and crown molding
- Large airy and bright rooms
- 2 HVAC systems
- French door access to stunning yard space
- Courtyard access, fenced yard, deck, patio and lush landscaping create a private oasis to be envied
- Double oven and stainless appliances (GE Profile)
- Hardwood floors
- 4 bedrooms all on main level
- Master with sparkling remodeled bathroom, walk-in closet and wood burning fireplace
- Entire house has been renovated twice
- Pela French doors
- One car garage is rare in Del Ray
- Small private deck off master bedroom
- Loft bedroom with full bath makes for a great Au-pair or in-law suite
Del Ray is a vibrant and active community within the City of Alexandria. It was once its own town in the late 1900s, designed around the major railroad line that ran north to south. Its growth was stimulated by the opening of The Potomac Yards railroad yards in 1906. At that time, Del Ray incorporated with the town of St Elmo to become the Town of Potomac with its own governance system.
Del Ray grew to be a diverse community and began a renaissance in the 1980s when its Sears bungalows became a popular home style. Soon after, The Del Ray Artisans established a studio and the neighborhood began to be recognized for its funky and eclectic feel. During the 1980s an effort was made to revitalize its main thoroughfare, Mount Vernon Avenue (which had lost businesses during the 1970s), now often referred to “The Avenue” for short.
You will often find residents out enjoying life on “The Avenue”. Del Ray is known for annual Art on the Avenue festival, its Halloween parade, and First Thursdays along the avenue. Residents and visitors alike enjoy the local Saturday morning Farmer’s Market.
When we lived in the neighborhood during the 1980s, one of our local favorites was Los Amigos–where Kaizan Tavern is today. It wasn’t until the Evening Star Cafe moved in late 1997 that a “trendy” restaurant proved it could have an audience. In 1999, Taqueria el Poblano opened its doors. Since then, restaurants, fitness studios and boutiques have made the area vibrant and exciting.