At the intersection of prim Victorian and space-savvy contemporary, you’ll find 1004 Pendleton Street. Updates in the kitchen and storage areas have elevated this home among Old Town’s best offerings, while choice 1880s elements have been artfully preserved.
When you enter the home, you’ll notice its tall ceilings, period moldings and heart pine flooring instantly. The warm tone underfoot and the sunny light filtering through living room windows make this a cozy space, where you’ll want to pull a book from the built-in shelves and linger. The formal dining room is quintessentially Victorian with its wood-burning fireplace in stately marble surround, while the kitchen has every updated feature a cook could crave. It’s recently renovated with glossy quartz countertops and luxurious Jenn-Air appliances. These modern elements are held in check by classic maple cabinetry.
A French door leads from the kitchen to a covered patio. Step outside to relax by the home’s backyard waterfall feature, or to access an extended gravel parking space. Ample street parking is also available.
Even the most discerning historian will forgive the home’s nod to modern conveniences that are tucked away upstairs. The master bedroom closet has enviable Elfa shelving. Breathe in fresh air from the newly added second-floor deck. The most space-conscious feature of them all is hidden in the second bedroom: a Queen-sized Murphy bed allows this space to masquerade as an office or entertainment room when it’s not sleeping anyone. Laundry on the upper level simplifies household chores by keeping the task close to the closets.
Access Braddock Road or King Street Metro stations, as well as a bevy of new restaurants in the Parker-Gray neighborhood. Reach King Street in just a short walk for endless dining and shopping options. A city park is within half a block’s distance, and Potomac River bike and walking trails are nearby for exercise or an athlete’s commute to work in DC. An added bonus for this home is that it is zoned for small commercial use too. Great for those that have in home practices or are looking to!
2 Off Street Parking Spaces
What We Love
- 2 off street parking spots
- New HVAC, heat pump and windows
- Expanded and renovated eat-in kitchen with new Jenn Aire stainless steel appliances, Quartz counter-tops, maple cabinets and plenty of storage
- French door access to covered patio space. Its the perfect setting for dining al fresco and entertaining
- Patio overlooks well landscaped fenced backyard with water feature and storage shed
- Pass-through wood burning fireplace from living and dining rooms both with beautiful mantles
- Upper level full bath is light and airy and is acented with crisp white Subway tile
- Hardwood floors throughout the home and extremely bright rooms
- Master with 2 walk-in closets both with custom Elfa shelving and Trex deck where you could enjoy your morning cup of coffee or tea
- Wonderful bedroom level laundry room
- 2nd bedroom is a bright room also with 2 closets
- Classic crown molding and detailing on both levels
- Walk to Braddock Road Metro station, Sugar Shack, Lost Dog Cafe, Mason Social, Soul Cycle and more. What a wonderful location!
With a quaint small town atmosphere and the flair of city living, this waterfront town is the perfect place for residents of all ages and lifestyles. Just minutes from downtown Washington DC, close to a major airport, and central transportation running throughout the area, it’s easy to enjoy everything Old Town has to offer. Relaxing restaurants, independent coffee shops, and wine bars provide the perfect backdrop for a night out, with plentiful art galleries, theatres, and parks around to explore. You can jump on a boat to get to Nationals Park for a baseball game, or to Georgetown or National Harbor for even more shopping or dining. It’s very walkable, so we recommend strolling along the cobblestone streets to get a true feel for the neighborhood. You can find out more about Old Town on our separate page for Old Town, Alexandria.