The home buying process isn’t black and white. It changes depending on the client’s situation, finances, and needs. And we get that; that’s why we take a specialized approach to every kind of buying experience, whether you’re looking to upsize, downsize, or anything in between. How to buy a house in the D.C. and Alexandria area will change depending on your circumstances.
There’s not a “one-size-fits-all” when it comes to the home buying process. Our specialized team meets you where you are, no matter your life stage or circumstance, and guides you the rest of the way. Interested? Let’s get together.
Our experienced team is available seven days a week; that means there’s always someone with you every step of the way. Here’s what our detailed home buying process and steps looks like:
- Find a loan that fits your needs and get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Search for a property you’ll love in a community that reflects your lifestyle.
- Negotiate the contract to get you the best terms and price at the right time.
- Complete the home inspection and negotiate the inspection items.
- Monitor the loan and appraisal process, and guide you through any concerns and questions that you have.
- Help you find the right mover, so you can make a smooth transition to the next stage of your life.
- Do the final walk through and finalize the sale.
- We’ll stay in touch with you after you’re settled, and connect you with our trusted team of professionals for any additional help you need with your home or settling into your new lifestyle. Of course, we will always be here as your trusted advisors for all things real estate for years to come.
But there’s more to it than just eight simple steps.
Want to see what the know more about how to buy a house in Alexandria and D.C area? When we know where you’re coming from, we’ll have a better idea of where to go, and we’ll make getting there as easy as possible.
How to Relocate?
Buying a house in a new area can be scary; it’s hard to know what community and real estate team to choose. Whether you’re coming to the DC area from another city, or moving within the metro area, our team offers a comprehensive relocation plan, including our Neighborhood Orientation Tours. You can book a neighborhood tour right here!
Want to Buy a Bigger House?
Moving to a bigger house usually means exciting things are happening in life. We’ll walk you through the process of purchasing a new, larger home while also selling your current home. It’s a tricky process, but it’s our specialty. Download our complete guide to “moving up” here.
Downsizing to a Smaller Home
There’s more to downsizing than just scaling down the square feet. We’ll make it easy to sell your larger house by helping you decide what to take, showing you how to get rid of the rest, and finding you a new home that better suits your current lifestyle.
It’s Your First Time
If you’ve never been through the home buying process, it can seem pretty intimidating. Yes, it’s one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, but it’s also a very rewarding experience. Our team has an orientation to the ownership and home buying process, so you’re well prepared before you even start the process of buying your first home. Want to know more about buying your first house? Download our comprehensive guide to buying a home here.
You’re An Investor
When you’re looking for an investment property, you need a team that knows the past, present, and future of the area. And although nothing’s written in stone, we’ll help you run numbers and decide what the best return on your money will be.
Let’s take the first step together. Book your buyer’s consultation here.