Our 2nd Annual Spring Clean Out event was a huge success! We invited all of our past clients to come donate their unused or unwanted goods at Immanuel Church on the Hill. ALIVE! Alexandria, 123 Junk, and TrueShred were all there to help our clients with their spring cleaning.
If you couldn’t make it this year, check out how you can donate and get rid of some unwanted goods with our great partners below. We hope to see you at our event next year!
ALIVE! Alexandria collects donations for furniture, appliances, and houseware items that will go to those in need in our community (see below for items that are and are not accepted).
- ALIVE! Alexandria drop-off locations: Fairlington United Methodist Church 3900 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 & Sunrise Senior Living of Old Town 400 N. Washington Street
- Donation hours: Daily from 10 am – 3 pm
Houseware Items Accepted by ALIVE! Alexandria:
- Drinking glasses (nothing alcohol themed, no stemware)
- Queen or twin-size comforters or blankets, clean, no stains or damage.
- Shower curtains and hooks — like new
- Bathroom or kitchen-size trash cans
- Bed pillows — like new
- Table lamps
- Brooms and dust pans
- Medium-size sauce pans and skillets
- Metal or plastic mixing bowls
- Basic cooking utensils — spoons, spatulas, pancake turners, whisks, graters, peelers, manual can openers (no specialty or novelty items)
Houseware Items NOT Accepted by ALIVE! Alexandria:
- Coffee or tea cups
- Oven bakeware (cookie sheets, roasting pans, cupcake pans, pie tins, cake pans, loaf pans — we can use glass/Pyrex 13×9 or square oven casserole dishes)
- Decorative items
- Serving dishes (unless part of a complete set of dishes)
- Bowls smaller than cereal/soup bowls
123 Junk is a full-service junk removal company that gets rid of ALL unwanted items, no matter where they are located. Whether you need to clean out your home, condo, office or warehouse – 123 Junk is the company for you– they will remove junk, furniture, and appliances. You select the junk you want removed then they take it to one of many local donation partners. If it can’t be donated it is recycled or hauled away safely to a landfill. There is a charge.
TrueShred Secure Document Destruction accepts common office paper, paper clips, staples and binders. There is a charge.
Are you looking to downsize and clean out your junk? We’d love to help!