It’s May! Memorial Day is right around the corner. Is your home ready for summer? Here’s a list of our top home maintenance activities to tackle this month.
- Clean your home’s windows as well as their frames and wells when installing your summer screens. Wash and repair screens at this time.
- If you have a pool, now’s the time to schedule its cleaning and opening. Click here for a great pool opening checklist.
- Check all locks and deadbolts on your doors and windows to confirm they are working properly as the most home burglaries occur during the summer months.
- Prevent mosquitoes around your home by looking for and removing any areas of standing water around your home.
- If you have a sprinkler system, do a maintenance check. Run the system through all of its zones and check that the heads are not spraying the house (especially the windows) to avoid moisture issues. Also, ensure the heads are spraying your landscaping, not the street or sidewalk. Lastly, replace or fix and damaged or broken heads.
Need help? Contact us if you need a recommendation for any service providers that can help get your home ready for summer.
From pool companies to locksmiths; from pest control to window washers, we have recommendations for just about any home maintenance task. Contact us today!
For more home maintenance tips and other real estate articles, sign up for our weekly blog roundup, delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.